The Thurston Climate Action Team (TCAT) is local non-profit dedicated to creating a healthy and sustainable future for Thurston County, Washington. We encourage, coordinate, and take action on climate change. TCAT’s founding members include individuals serving on local governing bodies along with citizen activists and representatives of key planning entities in the county and the educational community.
- Minimize and mitigate the impact of climate change on Thurston County communities.
- Minimize the increasing costs of energy, transportation and consumer goods for Thurston County residents.
- Educate Thurston County residents on how to reduce their carbon footprint.
- Energy efficiency and distributed generation
- Completing a community greenhouse gas inventory and climate action plan for Thurston County
TCAT Values & Operating Principles
- Provide direction and leadership.
- Take strategic action to leverage resources for the greatest possible improvements in our carbon footprint in a short time frame.
- Build broad community participation from multiple sectors.
- Build on, encourage, and leverage efforts of others.