Olympia Community Center
222 Columbia St NW, Olympia
We’ll listen to the national video-conference speaker: psychologist Per Espen Stoknes, author of What We Think About When We Try Not to Think About Global Warming and discuss the new bipartisan Energy Innovation and Carbon Dividend Act.
On Nov. 27, a bipartisan group of representatives introduced the Energy Innovation and Carbon Dividend Act, legislation that incorporates the elements of CCL’s Carbon Fee and Dividend proposal — rising fee on carbon, revenue returned to households, border carbon adjustments.
At the monthly meeting, we will listen to the national video-conference and discuss actions our local chapter can take to support this legislation.
Citizens’ Climate Lobby is a nonprofit, nonpartisan, grassroots advocacy organization empowering people to experience breakthroughs exercising their personal and political power. Our chapter meets monthly at the Olympia Center.
We are laser focused on a specific piece of legislation and a proven strategy to gain its passage. We are working for the passage of Carbon Fee and Dividend, the climate change solution economists and climate scientists alike say is the “best first-step” to preventing the worst impacts of a warming world.
At each monthly meeting, we listen to a national teleconference and discuss the activities of our Action Teams. Click for details about this month’s speaker.
- Member of Congress Liaison, Contact: Alan Hardcastle, email@example.com
- Media, Contact: Rich Harris, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Outreach, Contact: Frank Turner, email@example.com and Charlie Stephens,firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Endorsements, Contact: Dave Bradley, email@example.com
- Membership, Contact: Barb Scavezze, firstname.lastname@example.org (newsletter editor) and Sam Merrill Merrill, email@example.com
Click ICAL to add this event to your own calendar.