WA State Capitol
416 Sid Snyder Ave SW, Olympia
At our march on January 19th, we will ROAR to make our voices heard, expressing the needs of marginalized people through specific calls to action from our powerful speakers. Facebook event.
(Olympia uses the + in women to promote inclusivity)
Rise ⭐️ Organize ⭐️ Roar
The Women+s March on Olympia stands for empowering and strengthening Women+s Rights and the human rights of all. We RISE to support women+ and children who continue to be abused and held captive through human trafficking, sexual assault, detention centers, and harassment in the work place. We will continue to ORGANIZE women+, voting them into our government in order to change the institutionalized racism and systematic discrimination to the Indigenous Peoples, People of Color, Immigrants, LGBTQIA, and individuals who are Transgender. And at our march on January 19th, we will ROAR to make our voices heard, expressing the needs of marginalized people through specific calls to action from our powerful speakers. We may gather at our event as individuals but we will leave as a strong, committed community, working together, in order to see the changes needed to empower and strengthening the human rights of all!
Peaceful protest guidelines necessary for our 501c3 corp:
• Please do not bring signs on sticks. We are asking participants to please hold their signs or use empty paper towel or wrapping paper rolls. Sticks can become weapons.
• Please make this a peaceful and family friendly event. If we have counter protesters to deal with, we ask that you not engage in a debate or argue with them. Remain peaceful and strong and walk proudly by them.
• Please do not return the assaults (verbal or physical) of counter protesters. Find a police officer to help defuse the situation.
• Please refrain from insults and swearing. This is a family friendly event. Do not use violence (verbal or physical) toward any person.
• Please do not carry anything that could be construed as a weapon. (sticks, bats, bricks, rocks, etc.)
• Please do not damage any property.
• Please do not bring any alcohol or drugs to the event.
• Please do not bring weapons of any kind to the event. Whether you have a permit or not. No firearms, knives, explosives, etc. The police will be asked to remove persons carrying weapons from the event.
• Remember 911. All emergency services know about our event and are prepared if their services are required.
• Please enjoy this peaceful protest. Raise your voice against injustice, not against people.
Click ICAL to add this event to your own calendar.