103 Capitol Way S, Olympia
Parents, grandparents and non-parents are invited to join the strike. Toddler friendly event. Click to RSVP on Facebook.
We are parents with young children striking in solidarity with school strike for climate and other youth-led climate strikes taking place all over the world on March 15. We invite everyone to join us and RSVP on Facebook.
Grandparents and non-parents are invited to join us. Bring blankets, toys, food, and games for your tots as well as signs. Stay as short or as long as you like. Let’s build community and policy that works for our families. #climatestrike #FridaysForFuture #youthclimatestrike
Climate strikes were started by Greta Thunberg, a 16 year old Swedish girl. Every Friday Greta stands in front of the Swedish Parliament building with a sign saying “school strike for climate”. She has been striking since the start of the 2018 school year.
In America young people are joining Greta because:
- We have just 11 years to act to avoid the worst effects of climate breakdown.
- World leaders have not addressed the climate crisis.
- Marginalized communities are already disproportionately impacted by climate change.
- We need radical legislative action.
- We need a Green New Deal, just transition to a 100% renewable energy, and no new fossil fuel infrastructure.
- The climate crisis should be declared a national emergency.
Climate strikes are a chance to build community strength and support for each other as we navigate our destabilizing climate. While our children play we show our legislators and the general public that we need to act now on the climate crisis.
Please respect these guidelines, from Greta Thunberg.
- No violence.
- No damage.
- No littering.
- No profit.
- No hate.
- Minimize your carbon footprint.
- Always refer to science.
Click ICAL to add this event to your own calendar.