Thurston Regional Planning Council
2424 Heritage Court SW, Olympia
Steering Committee meeting for the Regional Climate Mitigation Plan being developed by Thurston County and the cities of Olympia, Lacey and Tumwater. Open to the public.
2) Overview of Agenda and Meeting Materials
3) Consultant Selection Process
4) Local Government Updates: Climate news and notes from each jurisdiction
5) State Government Updates: Climate bills on the Hill
6) Finalize Stakeholder Committee composition
7) Public Comment
In April 2018, TRPC, Lacey, Olympia, Tumwater and Thurston County began work on a Regional Climate Mitigation Plan with actions to reduce regional emissions 45% below 2015 levels by 2030 and 85% below 2015 levels by 2050. [See Project Documents]
“The mitigation plan complements the Thurston Climate Adaptation Plan that TRPC developed with regional partners and adopted in January 2018. The adaptation plan includes 91 actions to help the region prepare for and adjust to climate impacts”
Click ICAL to add this event to your own calendar.