Olympia Community Center
222 Columbia St NW, Olympia
National videoconference guest speaker: Dr. Anthony Leiserowitz, Director of Yale Program on Climate Change Communication.
9:30 – 10:00: Gather and introductions.
10:00 – 10:45: National videoconference guest speaker Anthony Leiserowitz, Yale Program on Climate Change Communication, plus CCL national and international news. Dr. Leiserowitz is an expert on public opinion and public engagement with the issues of climate change and the environment. He will share his program’s latest polling on Americans’ views about climate change and solutions like carbon pricing.
10:50 – 12:45: Planning for combined WA State CCL Convention and South Sound Climate Action Convention.
Light snacks will be provided.
CCL Washington is joining forces with the Thurston Climate Action Team to co-host the 4th Annual South sound Climate Action Convention.
Citizens’ Climate Lobby is a nonprofit, nonpartisan, grassroots advocacy organization empowering people to experience breakthroughs exercising their personal and political power. Our chapter meets monthly at the Olympia Center.
We are laser focused on a specific piece of legislation and a proven strategy to gain its passage. We are working for the passage of Carbon Fee and Dividend, the climate change solution economists and climate scientists alike say is the “best first-step” to preventing the worst impacts of a warming world.
At each monthly meeting, we listen to a national videoconference and discuss the activities of our Action Teams. Click for details about this month’s speaker.
- Member of Congress Liaison, Contact: Alan Hardcastle, email@example.com
- Media, Contact: Rich Harris, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Outreach, Contact: Frank Turner, email@example.com and Charlie Stephens,firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Endorsements, Contact: Dave Bradley, email@example.com
- Membership, Contact: Barb Scavezze, firstname.lastname@example.org (newsletter editor) and Sam Merrill Merrill, email@example.com
Click ICAL to add this event to your own calendar.